Hear the Buzz

BJHS MEDIA

The Student Publications Site of Bryant Junior High

BJHS MEDIA

BJHS MEDIA

Games of Our Childhood 

During our childhoods in elementary school you could probably remember the game you would play with your friends and classmates, But besides being fun to play, what did those games exactly do help you?

The game you might are as listed: Tag, Four square, Hopscotch, Capture the flag, Musical chairs, kick the can, Duck Duck Goose, Hide-and-seek, Dodgeball, Simon says, heads up, seven up, cornhole, horseshoes, Marco Polo, Red Rover, and of course the floor is lava. All of these games you play did exactly have a meaning behind them, most of these games were created either a thousand years ago or were created a few decades ago.

Most of the games were invented in the civil war to teach kids about war and how to survive it, that’s why most of these have something to do, running, dodging, hiding, and how to obey commands. Also these games were for mostly young boys to teach them how to be soldiers, for example hide and seek ways to hide from the enemy, Capture the flag was to make it to the other side of the battle field, dodgeball dodging bomb and gunfire, Simon says was to teach them how to follow instructions. All of these games were made to engage the children of the generation to be well exercised as well as teaching them about tools and markers of social status.

But how are these games still relevant to these times now, well kids of this Generation are either too lazy or too busy being on their phone. But instead of doing them physically the kids of the generation do it digitally, usually Gen Z would rather   play the games online on either Roblox, Minecraft, Fortnight, Call of duty, Among us, G mob, animal crossing, etc. Instead of going outside and getting a good exercise in, also this is why most of the kids in America are either overweight, or antisocial.

The games that are grandparents played are not what they are now with us now not willing to go outside and not getting the good nutrition our young bodies need.

View Comments (1)
Donate to BJHS MEDIA
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Bryant Junior High. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.