Hear the Buzz

BJHS MEDIA

The Student Publications Site of Bryant Junior High

BJHS MEDIA

BJHS MEDIA

Freshmen Boys Basketball

Amery Felton
Ian James, freshman, jumps up to shoot the basketball in the hoop whilst members of Lake Hamilton race to stop him. Braylen Clegg supports from behind for backup. This happened on November 27.

The Freshmen boys basketball team thrived in conference play finishing with a 16-0 conference record. 

In his 19 years of coaching, John Harrison is no stranger to winning as his teams in the past have been very successful. 

Harrison had many great things to say about his players and when asked about the most influential players of the season he coined Brayden Domerese as “Mr. Basketball and high basketball IQ.”  

The forward had this to say about the season, “It has been an amazing season for our team, I appreciate Coach Harrison for his amazing coaching for our team,” Brayden Domerese, 9th, said.

Harrison noted that his team was “very versatile when defending,” this aspect propelled them to an overtime victory against Conway White. 

With emotions running high after a perfect season Harrison said, “We cut the net and each player got a string, it felt very rewarding and it made me feel good for the guys.” Coach Harrison, said.

The players look onward to the next season as now they are moving up to high school ball.

View Comments (20)
Donate to BJHS MEDIA
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Bryant Junior High. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.