Hear the Buzz

BJHS MEDIA

The Student Publications Site of Bryant Junior High

BJHS MEDIA

BJHS MEDIA

Quiz Bowl travels to state

Art: Bella Luper

The quiz bowl teams attended the 7A Arkansas Governor’s Quiz Bowl State Championships that took place at University of Arkansas, Fort Smith on February 17.

8th Bryant White placed 3rd in the Red Division. The team captain is Brayden Rowe, and the members of the team are Gavin Mcmanigal, Leo Lin, Kingston Mitchell, Kahlan Higgins and Ayden Tucker.

“I was excited and a little nervous [to go to state],” Brayden Rowe, 8th Bryant White team captain, said.

Freshman Bryant Blue was disqualified after the first few rounds, but in the end they competed with the four opposing teams.

“I felt like my team and I were prepared, but we didn’t have one of our best players, which made the games more difficult than usual.” Charlie Denton, freshman Bryant Blue team captain, said.

8th Grade Bryant White team captain, Brayden Rowe, was named to the All-Star Team. 9th Grade Bryant Blue had two members named to the All-Star Team. Team captain, Charlie Denton and Caleb Ford. 

“9th grade’s strongest subject is geography and math and their weakest is art.” Amanda Bradley, quiz bowl advisor, said.

The teams prepared and studied for the championships by using their lunch and advisory times to go to Bradley’s room.

“8th grade’s strongest subject is mythology and math, their weakest is art and literature.” Bradley said.

View Comments (4)
Donate to BJHS MEDIA
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Bryant Junior High. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.