Hear the Buzz
  • July 21August 19-First day of school!
  • July 21August 13 from 5:30 to 7:30-BJHS Open House

BJHS MEDIA

The Student Publications Site of Bryant Junior High

BJHS MEDIA

BJHS MEDIA

Swiftly Moving up in the Music Industry

Erin Wright

To her fans she is known by many names, Tay Tay, Mother, T-Swizzle. To her haters she is the blonde who writes songs about all of her ex’s.

She is number 1 in the world on Spotify and almost everyone knows her name. Taylor Swift.

Swift was only 16 when she released her first album, Taylor Swift also known as Debut.

In total Swift has released 10 albums since her first in 2006. Her most recent being Midnights that was released in October of 2022.

Swift has won 603 awards in her career and been nominated for over 1,000.

When she released Taylor Swift she was in the country music genre, she released 4 albums as country before taking a complete turn to pop with her album 1989.

After 1989 she was a pop artist until she released her sister albums Folklore, and Evermore during the pandemic quarantine.

Both of these albums are alternative/indie. Her final album, Midnights, was a switch back to pop.

In April of 2021 Swift released her first (Taylor’s Version) album. She re-recorded her album Fearless and released it as her own.

Releasing these previous albums as (Taylor’s Version) gives Swift full rights to all the music on them, and gave her the opportunity to release her vault.

When she releases her (Taylor’s Version) albums Swift takes the chance to release more songs that didn’t get released the first time around.

She calls these her “Vault Songs” because they were originally written for the album but just didn’t make the final cut.

Swift has currently done this with 4 of her albums. Starting in early 2021 with Fearless, and in November of the same year she released Red (Taylor’s Version).

Then in July of 2023 she released Speak Now (Taylor’s Version), followed later by 1989 (Taylor’s Version).

Swift is currently touring the world on “The Eras Tour” showcasing all ten of her eras.

“It was amazing!! I had such a fun time and I had no voice the next day from screaming. It is so impressive that she has the stamina to sing and perform for 3 hours.” Chloe Cadzow, freshman, said.

The tickets for the tour can get expensive and that caused Swift to release “Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour”, a concert film of the movie.

The movie is just under 3 hours long, a bit shorter than the actual tour, because of the fact that five songs were removed from the film.

These songs are The Archer, no body, no crime, Wildest Dreams, Long Live, and Cardigan. 

“I’m upset that Long Live was cut because I feel like it’s such a crucial song to Speak Now. I feel like If somebody asked me to summarize Speak Now in a few songs I would say, Long live, Enchanted, and Dear John.” Aubrey Niedzwecki, 8, said.

Through her career Swift has faced just about everything but has still been able to stay at the top of the music industry.

As she continues to grow and release more music it becomes more and more clear that Swift is going to continue to influence people for many ‘midnights’ to come.

View Comments (16)
Donate to BJHS MEDIA
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Bryant Junior High. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.