Hear the Buzz

BJHS MEDIA

The Student Publications Site of Bryant Junior High

BJHS MEDIA

BJHS MEDIA

Lesser Known Electives

Art: Bella Luper

Each passing day students are getting closer to graduating, which means closer to choosing a career path. Electives can teach you specific skills correlating to your career. All information were found on the course catalog on bryantschools.org 

The medical field is a rigorous career. If a student plans to enter the medical field, elective such as, 

• Medical terminology, a course that teaches students specific medical terms used by professionals
  • Anatomy/Honors Anatomy, a hands-on course that goes over the structure and functions of the human body.
  • Psychology, a course that teaches the student human behaviors and mindsets.

Being an entrepreneur requires a specific skill set. Some courses to consider taking for this career is,

• Economics, a course that covers managing one’s finances
  • Oral Communications, teaches a student leadership skills, public speaking, and communicating clearly
  • Intro to Business Skills, students will explore managing technology, professional communications, and keeping record of finances.
  • Entrepreneurship Marketing, a course that gives the student an overview of the U.S. enterprise system. It teaches ethics, marketing, and saving and investments.

If a student plans to be an architect, they should take these courses to be prepared,

• Civil Engineering and Architecture, a course that goes over the development and design of residential and commercial properties
  • Construction, this course will introduce building materials, methods used in residentials and other buildings. They will also learn how to be safe, use tools, and the needed math skills.
  • Carpentry, a course that teaches the student installation of building materials, layouts and framing, and how to use standard equipment.

If a student wants to pursue a teaching career path, these classes would help you prepare.

• Intro to Education, a course that provides students a college credit in the Foundations of Education. This course teaches students the development of American education, and a variety of methods on giving instruction.
  • Education Technology, a course that introduces students to using various pieces of technology in a classroom. This course will also teach the student on how to utilize technology when teaching.

View Comments (11)
Donate to BJHS MEDIA
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Bryant Junior High. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.