Hear the Buzz

BJHS MEDIA

The Student Publications Site of Bryant Junior High

BJHS MEDIA

BJHS MEDIA

Art on Another Level

Art club was created by Tehya Hinkson to be a safe space for people to create and share their art.

“I wanted it to be a club for people who just have this passion for it.” Said Tehya Hinkson, 9th grade art teacher and Art club host.

They meet every Tuesday to work on their art and sometimes they have lessons so people can work on improving their art in different ways.

“I want them to be able to get better, we do some lessons.” Hinkson said.

Anybody can join Art club and even if you don’t feel comfortable sharing your art you can still have a space to create it.

“It’s very welcoming.” Said Gabby Cates, 8th grader.

People can use any medium to create art in the club whether it is digital, paint, watercolor, pencil, or even charcoal.

“I just wanted to create a club and a space where people who really love making art whether it’s their own style or any type of medium could come together and basically just talk about it and show it off.” Hinkson said.

People in Art club have been busy recently creating pieces for an art gallery they are making. The art gallery is going to have a theme so it will fit together better while also allowing the artists to enjoy what they are making.

“That way it adds a little bit of cohesiveness to the show but it still allows for creative freedom.” Said Hinkson.

The artists are using a color called shaded spruce for their pieces.

““It’s like a jade green blueish color.” Said Ivy Nguyen, 8th grade.

They use the color as inspiration and make a piece of art from the name or incorporate the color in their art.

“I’m going to use that color for his cape.” Said Ivy.

The gallery is not required, it is just a fun activity for the students in Art club to participate in if they choose too. When they finish their art they will send it to Tehya Hinkson who will display them in the gallery.

“I’m almost there, I just have to finish her hair.” Said Bonnie Allen, 8th grade.

Tehya Hinkson is hopeful that the gallery will be up and ready before Christmas break for people to see. It will be up through out January if people would like to stop by. The location is not set yet however.

“Mainly it will be shown in January.” Hinkson said.

Many of the people I have talked to have expressed how they genuinely enjoy Art club and hope to do it again next year.