Hear the Buzz

BJHS MEDIA

The Student Publications Site of Bryant Junior High

BJHS MEDIA

BJHS MEDIA

8th Grade White Girls Basketball

Erin Wright
Jashia Williams, 8, and Destiny McDonald, 8, attempt to block Carrington Marks, 8, at the basketball game on February 1. At this game both of the 8th grade girls teams played against one another, the white team finishing the game victorious

The 8th grade White Lady Hornets finished with a historic 17-0 record led by Coach Lacey Hall. 

The Lady Hornets were unstoppable when scoring the ball averaging 40 points a game. They found themselves beating teams by landslides as their average margin of victory was 29 points per game.

The offensive threats for the lady hornets were a sibling duo of Keirsten Dailey and Keila Dailey the twins combined for a whopping 353 points through the season. 

The twins have been playing alongside each other since second grade. When asked if they think having a twin as a teammate is an advantage, “We think having each other as teammates is an advantage.” Keila Dailey, 8th, said.

As guards and leaders, we think it helps team chemistry. We do get frustrated with each other sometimes because we are sisters, but we know we have to get over it quickly and just play ball.” – Kiersten Dailey, 8th, said.

Cleaning the glass was Jaisha Williams with a monstrous 102 rebounds. Coach           Hall’s team had the help of players coming off the bench that was essential to their perfect season.

Coach was asked how this team is different from others, “This team was unselfish toward our goal to win. They would come out each day and challenge each other. Iron sharpens iron,” Hall, said

The future is promising as these girls hope to build off of a season filled with hard work and excellence.  

View Comments (25)
Donate to BJHS MEDIA
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Bryant Junior High. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.