Hear the Buzz

BJHS MEDIA

The Student Publications Site of Bryant Junior High

BJHS MEDIA

BJHS MEDIA

Media Staffs Recognized in National Publications

PRESS RELEASE

Both the newspaper (The Occurrence) and the yearbook (The Blue and White) at Bryant Junior High have had their published work featured in national journalism publications.

Nate Barnes, freshman and art editor, had an editorial cartoon reprinted in Communication: Journalism Education Today, Vol. 57, Issue 4.  C:JET is distributed to hundreds of journalism advisers and professionals throughout the country.
Barnes created the cartoon to accompany a staff editorial on the pitfalls of artificial intelligence.
“The cartoon is very clever and worked well with the article in C:JET,” Meag Abo, adviser, said, “I’m really proud that Nate’s work is featured with all of these examples from other great schools across the country.”
Barnes’s cartoon was selected to help illustrate the article “Artificial Intelligence in the Classroom and Newsroom” by Stephen Green, CJE. The cartoon originally was printed in Vol. 5, Issue 2 of The Occurrence.  A link to the original publication may be found here: https://issuu.com/bryantandbeyond/docs/the_occurrence_volume_5_issue.
The 2023 volume of The Blue and White was also selected to be featured in the 2024 Jostens Lookbook, a publication featuring the top yearbooks and photography in scholastic journalism and sent to over 10,000 schools across the country.  This is the fourth year in a row the yearbook has been featured in the Lookbook.
“It speaks to the consistent quality of the program,” Abo said, “To have every yearbook the staff has created so far selected for showcase is just amazing.”