Hear the Buzz
  • July 21August 19-First day of school!
  • July 21August 13 from 5:30 to 7:30-BJHS Open House

BJHS MEDIA

The Student Publications Site of Bryant Junior High

BJHS MEDIA

BJHS MEDIA

Barheimer war 

Which side are students on?
Art: Bella Luper

In a poll 166 students were asked their thoughts on the Barheimer war.  The movies Barbie and Oppenheimer were released on July 21, starting a pop culture war about which aesthetic and story is better.  Some opted to combine the two experiences and looks.

• 78.3% of the answers were 8th graders and 21.7% were 9th graders
  • 56.6% said they had watched neither Barbie or Oppenheimer
  • 32.5% said they had watched Barbie
  • 6.6% said they watched Oppenheimer
  • 4.2% said they had watched both

Which movie is your favorite and why?

Barbie is probably my favorite due to my childhood being all Barbie and the new movie seems very innovative and creative. I also don’t know much about Oppenheimer, but it doesn’t give me the childhood nostalgia like Barbie does.” – Sophia Burton, 8

“I preferred Oppenheimer because it had a genuine story to it. I haven’t seen Barbie yet because I’m not interested in the movie/character line. Oppenheimer has a distinct opinion on the world and Oppenheimer’s theory.” – Alex Caldwell, 8

Barbie because Ken is the sole reason I love my life. He is Kenough for me. Stan Ken. Watch Barbie for the Ken content… Kentent.” – Logan Stanton, 8

“I’m literally J. Robert Oppenheimer” – Nick Atchley, 8

If you watched none, why?

“I didn’t watch any because I was chilling at my house with my dogs.” – Sam Garcia 9

“I just haven’t had the time with school but I would love to see both!” – Matti Jones 9

“I haven’t really had the time to ask my parents to take me and all that wonderful stuff.” – Adysen Guerrero 8

View Comments (1)
Donate to BJHS MEDIA
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Bryant Junior High. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.