Hear the Buzz
  • July 21August 19-First day of school!
  • July 21August 13 from 5:30 to 7:30-BJHS Open House

BJHS MEDIA

The Student Publications Site of Bryant Junior High

BJHS MEDIA

BJHS MEDIA

Halftime during football

Band members play at the halftime show. Photo: Lexie Metheny

There’s more to a football game than just the game. During halftime cheer, dance, band and colorguard take to the field.

“It brings a good attitude and a good vibe to the field,” John David, freshman, said.

Along with boosting school spirit, it helps the team to feel united.

“You’re there with your team, and I love supporting the football team.” Lexi Koon, 8, said.

While all these groups compete in their own categories, halftime showcases their growth.

“My favorite part is being able to see the progress that me and the team have made since we started,” Natalie Orick, 8, said about performing with the dance team.

The color guard has also been practicing to be able to perform alongside the band.

“It’s been a dream of mine [to be on color guard] since third grade. I went to my first homecoming game and have wanted to ever since,” Brevynn Authement, freshman, said.

Sept. 21 is the next halftime show.

View Comments (6)
Donate to BJHS MEDIA
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Bryant Junior High. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.